[Zope] python-ldap in ZOPE (again)

Adam Szpakowski worf at optics.polsl.gliwice.pl
Sun Oct 26 15:42:19 EST 2003

Hi,

Few days ago I reported a problem with using python-ldap from zope. Now I set
up the ZEO enironment to trace the problem and still have no idea why it is
not working.

Here is description... external method in zope:

#t1.py
def test():
    i_ldap = ldap.initialize('ldap://address_to_ldap_server')
    i_ldap.simple_bind_s('','')
    return i_ldap

The LDAP server is up and working. Zope gets segfault when trying to run this
extmethod (exactly binding to server).
Test from python session connected to ZEO server... 'h' is an external method
object in ZODB... e.g.:

h.getFuncCode().co_varnames
-> ('i_ldap')

Running this in pdb effects in:
-> pdb.run(h())
Segmentation fault

This is en effect of binding to LDAP (simple_bind_s('','')).
Now I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Any clues?
Current setup: Zope 2.7b2, python2.3-ldap (v. 1.9.999.pre13-1), python v.
2.3.2-2 under Debian.

TIA,

--
Adam Szpakowski
Silesian University of Technology - Institute of Physics
e-mail: worf at optics.polsl.gliwice.pl