[Zope] BTreeFolder2 or no

Rob Boyd boydrobh at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 27 13:02:33 EST 2003

I'm putting a customized CMFCollector into production,
and wonder whether it would be worth the time to have
it use CMFBTreeFolder2 instead of SkinnedFolder.
Since CMFCollector's user interface displays its
contents through a catalog search instead of hitting
every object, I don't know if it could even be an
issue.  I'm curious about the claim "but it [Zope] has
trouble storing a lot of objects in a single standard
folder" on Shane's page -- any clarification of that?
My site will most likely have fewer than thousands,
and certainly fewer than tens of thousands, of issues
submitted.  So, worth the time, or just go with the
default?

TIA,
Rob