[Zope] ZMySQLDA and ZSQLMethods

Andrew Altepeter aaltepet at bethel.edu
Tue Oct 28 09:40:42 EST 2003

I have a zsql method that inserts data into a table with an
auto_increment column, and then calls select last_insert_id():
----------------------
INSERT INTO cc_transactions(acct,who,total,creationtime)
  VALUES(<dtml-sqlvar account type="string">,
         <dtml-sqlvar who type="string">,
         <dtml-sqlvar total type="float">,
         NOW())
<dtml-var sql_delimiter>
SELECT LAST_INSERT_ID() as id from cc_transactions

One would expect to get just one integer (well, id:integer) back from
calling this method.  However, I get a list of id:integers with every
id=actual last_insert_id, and a length equal to the number of rows in
the table.

I haven't been able to recreate this behavior in a mysql shell client.

Any ideas about what's going on?

my mysql version is: 3.23.58

Thanks,
Andy