[Zope] runtime error when creating selection property from function

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Oct 29 15:15:02 EST 2003

Chris Leonello wrote at 2003-10-28 10:16 -0800:
 > I don't know if this is the correct list, but here goes.  I have written a
 > custom python product and recieve the following error when I try to view
 > the "Properties" page:
 >
 > Error Type: RuntimeError
 > Error Value: function attributes not accessible in restricted mode

In the future, please post the traceback as well...

 >     for item in self.superValues(('DTML Method', 'External Method',
 > 'Script (Python)', 'Z SQL Method')):
 >         ds.append(item.id)

Your problem almost surely is in the "id" above:

  For many objects "id" is a (string) attribute but for
  some (old) object types, it is a method.

Never use "id" (unless you know precisely what you are doing).
Always use the method "getId". I.e., your code should read:

       ds.append(item.getId())

--
Dieter