[Zope] Odd ZCTextIndex behavior

Jim Kutter jim at ebizq.net
Thu Oct 30 13:35:08 EST 2003

I'm forcing it to a str() as soon as I pull it off the request object. I
think there may be something else going on in the Catalog object.

It appears that any query that starts with a '*' gets the leading
wildcard dropped. We have tons of articles on 'WebSphere', searching for
'*sphere' finds entries with 'sphere' alone, 'w*sphere' properly find
'WebSphere'.

I think I'll peruse the ZCatalog source and see if that gives me any
hints.

However, do any Zope guys have a good explanation for why that happens?
Would patching that be a bad thing?

-jim