[Zope] ZSyncer error: "illegal data at start of file"

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu Oct 30 14:15:43 EST 2003

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 09:50:14AM -0800, Kamal Gill wrote:
> Paul,
> Thanks for looking into this.  The same error is returned after
> applying the patch you provided.
> Perhaps this problem is unrelated to ZSyncer since it appears to be
> platform-specific.

That's possible. But can you do me a favor and try it
with an older version of ZSyncer, e.g. 0.4.6 or even older?
If that works then I know it's a problem in zsyncer.
I believe Andy ran zsyncer on windows, so it used to work.

I've updated the source forge page with all the old releases from
Andy's page on zope.org, so they're all in the same place now...
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=28073

Also, please let me know a bit more about the objects you are
trying to compare. What exactly were you doing? Does this error
happen on all comparisons?

Are both Zopes running on windows?

--

Paul Winkler