[Zope] Adding transactional awareness to filesystem operations

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Fri Oct 31 14:33:26 EST 2003

I'm working on a CMS written in Zope, which uses static publishing.  So
we write files out to disk frequently.

The transactional safety of Zope is nice (rolling back ZODB and
database changes when an error happens).  Unfortunately any disk
operations we do don't get rolled back, causing inconsistencies.  I
figure I have to change our file-writing external methods so that there
a commit/rollback, which isn't too hard.  Having written these
functions, how do I register them with Zope?  How do I identify the
separate, concurrent transactions?

Thanks.