[Zope] catalog and search refining

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Sep 5 22:44:24 EDT 2003

Lee Harr wrote at 2003-9-4 00:52 +0000:
 > I have the basic use of catalogs and searching worked out...
 > I can create indexes and metadata and make a form to search
 > for and link to various things.
 >
 > My problem now is that I find a lot of objects that are just
 > "parts" of the real documents. So, my links end up being to
 > the bare content, rather than to the content wrapped up
 > in my website.
 >
 > Is there a how-to somewhere which goes a bit farther than
 > the zope-book in how I should be addressing this?

The solution heavily depends on how you "wrapped up the
content in your website".

The usual way is to present bare content through a template.
In this case, when you have a link '<a href="url_to_your_content">"
to your bare content then "<a href="url_to_your_content/template">"
is the one for the presentation through "template".

However, there are arbitrarily complex schemes how to "wrap up"
content (all usually work with tempates and scripts ;-) ).
You need to tell us more about your wrapping such that
we can provide some hints...

Dieter