[Zope] Redirect problem

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Sep 5 22:37:43 EDT 2003

Praveen Kumar wrote at 2003-9-4 15:47 +0530:
 > Sub:        I'm getting problem while redirecting to the login page in
 > IE. It is working fine with Mozilla, Linux.
 > trying to enter into the page which requires authentication, it should
 > redirect me to the login page, which will be generated under acl_user
 > folder. I already created this folder. Now while accessing this is
 > redirecting me to login page to get authentication in Mozilla only where
 > as in Internet Explorer it is giving error saying "internal server
 > error".

A well known problem:

  For some (still not yet understood) reason, Zope
  sends the login page with a 5xx HTTP response code (this is a bug).

  Normal browsers display the page nevertheless.
  IE, instead, substitutes its own page when the option
  "Smart error pages" is active.

You options:

 *  Disable "IE"'s "Smart error pages" feature, which is a mis-feature
    anyway. It substitutes a meaning full error information
    from the source of the error by one which knows nothing
    about the true problem cause. Typical MS...

 *  Try to fix Zope:

    Edit your "login" page and add "...RESPONSE.setStatus(200)".
    The "..." depends on whether the "login" Page is DTML
    ('<dtml-call "REQUEST.RESPONSE.setStatus(200)">') or ZPT
    ('<tal:dummy define="dummy python: request.RESPONSE.setStatus(200);"/>').

    I am not sure that it will work...

Dieter