[Zope] Plone meets XML, XSL

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Fri Sep 5 21:34:44 EDT 2003

>My problem is that the files are updated every 5-10 seconds, so
>realistically they should be filesystem objects.
>
>How do you include something like this within Plone, without the
>templates and such?  Also, what is the most efficient method of serving
>up static (but constantly refreshed) content?

If it's always the same file then it looks like ExternalFile is the way
to go, or possibly LocalFS. You want to check that ExternalFile or
whatever doesn't keep the contents in memory longer than necessary. I
think there's a CMF version of ExternalFile, and that I posted a link to
it not too long ago.

And, of course, you can always get at it with your own External Methods.
If you also want to render them, this might be a good choice. I'm going
to assume that you already know how you're going to render things, so I
won't get into details, but I can supply info on how one of my projects
does this if you like.

             --jcc

--
"My point and period will be throughly wrought,
Or well or ill, as this day's battle's fought."