[Zope] Redirect problem

Praveen Kumar praveen at softprosys.com
Sat Sep 6 04:11:37 EDT 2003

Dear Dieter Maurer,

Thank you for your reply. I will do as you said and If I face any
problem I will contact you. Hope you will help me out.
Regards
Praveen
On Sat, 2003-09-06 at 01:07, Dieter Maurer wrote:
    Praveen Kumar wrote at 2003-9-4 15:47 +0530:
     > Sub:        I'm getting problem while redirecting to the login page in
     > IE. It is working fine with Mozilla, Linux.
     > trying to enter into the page which requires authentication, it should
     > redirect me to the login page, which will be generated under acl_user
     > folder. I already created this folder. Now while accessing this is
     > redirecting me to login page to get authentication in Mozilla only where
     > as in Internet Explorer it is giving error saying "internal server
     > error".

    A well known problem:

      For some (still not yet understood) reason, Zope
      sends the login page with a 5xx HTTP response code (this is a bug).

      Normal browsers display the page nevertheless.
      IE, instead, substitutes its own page when the option
      "Smart error pages" is active.

    You options:

     *  Disable "IE"'s "Smart error pages" feature, which is a mis-feature
        anyway. It substitutes a meaning full error information
        from the source of the error by one which knows nothing
        about the true problem cause. Typical MS...

     *  Try to fix Zope:

        Edit your "login" page and add "...RESPONSE.setStatus(200)".
        The "..." depends on whether the "login" Page is DTML
        ('<dtml-call "REQUEST.RESPONSE.setStatus(200)">') or ZPT
        ('<tal:dummy define="dummy python: request.RESPONSE.setStatus(200);"/>').

        I am not sure that it will work...

    Dieter
--
Regards
Praveen Kumar,

-----------------------SOFTPRO DISCLAIMER------------------------------

Information contained in this E-MAIL and any attachments are

confidential being  proprietary to SOFTPRO SYSTEMS  is 'privileged'

and 'confidential'.

If you are not an intended or authorised recipient of this E-MAIL or

have received it in error, You are notified that any use, copying or

dissemination  of the information contained in this E-MAIL in any

manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited. Please delete it immediately

and notify the sender by E-MAIL.

In such a case reading, reproducing, printing or further dissemination

of this E-MAIL is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

SOFTPRO SYSYTEMS does not REPRESENT or WARRANT that an attachment

hereto is free from computer viruses or other defects.

The opinions expressed in this E-MAIL and any ATTACHEMENTS may be

those of the author and are not necessarily those of SOFTPRO SYSTEMS.