[Zope] Simple way to obfuscate email addresses to foil spambots?

Dylan Reinhardt zope at dylanreinhardt.com
Mon Sep 8 20:45:03 EDT 2003

I've heard that many spambots are thrown off if you use HTML character
entities instead of punctuation in an email address.  Can't imagine that
hack will work forever, but it's easy enough to implement.

A better approach, of course, is to look into the many fine tools for
filtering spam as it comes in to your mail server.  I get probably 98%
success with SpamAssassin.

HTH,

Dylan