[Zope] Caching Results of External PageTemplateFiles

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Sep 10 00:27:24 EDT 2003

whysean at softhome.net wrote at 2003-9-9 09:08 -0600:
 > All the documentation on Caching I can find seems to relate to objects that
 > can be found through the Zope Managment Interface. I would like to cache the
 > results of calls to specific PageTemplates that are stored on the file
 > system as part of an external python product. Any ideas? Links to info?

This is not easy.

An object to be cached must use the "ZCachable" Interface
to interact with the cache manager.

Its implementation requires configuration to locate the relevant
cache manager. You must somehow tell your "PageTemplateFile"s
that there is a cache manager for them which they should use.

Look at the "OFS.Cache.Cachable" source to find out the details.

Dieter