[Zope] Performance Hit

BZ bz at bwanazulia.com
Wed Sep 10 08:54:48 EDT 2003

Squid would help cache static content but not really on the backend
database. I think Dieter was talking about ZSQL caching and RAM Caching
within Zope both which will save you a lot of SQL calls.

It has been awhile since I built a Zope website with a SQL backend, but
from what I remember, going through each one of my ZSQL methods and
figuring out how often they needed to be updated and caching them for that
specific period of time greatly helped in performance.

For some things, since the SQL database is more a read, you can cache
results for 10 mins up to 24 hours.

BZ