[Zope] My FileSystemCacheManager doesn't work at all

Elena Schulz elena.schulz at gmx.net
Thu Sep 11 17:13:12 EDT 2003

Hi,

I installed the FileSystemCacheManager 0.2 successfully on WindowsXP with
zope 2.6.2 & Apache 1.3,
added an Instance to a folder, associated all objects of that folder and
subfolder to the cache manager
but I don't see any files being saved in the cache dir if I request any
object via browser.

If I rename the folder for the cache manager also nothing happens, no error
message or creation of that folder.

What could be the problem and how to get it working? Any Ideas?

- Thanks for any hint, Elena

My Settings:

in myFSManager (the Instance of FileSystemCacheManager ): associate all

In FSMappings:

dirs = {
    # This is a dict of dirs that you can choose from for the cache manager
    'Default': join(INSTANCE_HOME, 'FSCache'),
    # add more dirs in here
    # eg: 'Temp': '/tmp',
    # and so on),
}

in http.conf (Apache):
<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1>
ServerName localhost
ServerAlias localhost
RewriteEngine On

DocumentRoot "L:\Zope\Zope262\FSCache"
RewriteCond L:\Zope\Zope262\FSCache%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/localhost:80/myZopeFolder/Virtual
HostRoot/$1 [P]
ErrorLog /www.test.org_error_log