[Zope] ZODB or MySQL for form data?

BZ bz at bwanazulia.com
Thu Sep 11 10:56:53 EDT 2003

Along with everyone's take:

A simeple rule (maybe too simple) would be if it is highly relational data
put in a SQL database and call it. If it is better nested (object oriented
data) that could benefit from all of the security, through the web editing
and other such fine Zope features put it in Zope.

EX: NFL data, teams, players, seasons = SQL
EX: Directory of addresses, locations, shops = ZODB

There are also things that Zope can and will handle better with Zope
products that you would have to build from scratch if you used an SQL
database and I think that is why they say to use it if you already have
it.

The other consideration is size... while Zope can handle a TON of data
(objects) if you are talking millions of items (rows) you might want to
throw it in a SQL database.

BZ