[Zope] <dtml-var expr="RESPONSE.redirect Question

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu Sep 11 16:54:33 EDT 2003

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 07:13:51PM +0000, Alexander Alvarado wrote:
> the problem is that I don't know how to add The_value to the URL
>

> I did:
> <dtml-call "RESPONSE.redirect('Disponibilidad_html?Arrival= <dtml-var
> dcArrival>&Departure= <dtml-var Departure> ')">
>
> but ofcourse this does not work !

right. When you do <dtml-var foo> (no quotes), there is some magic that's
applied to figure out what foo is and how to render it.
But when you do <dtml-var "foo"> or <dtml-call "foo">,
"foo" must be a valid python expression. DTML tags are not
valid python expressions. See my other reply for how you
can get at request variables in a python expression.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com