[Zope] Odd issue with UNIQUE INDEX value from MySQL

Allen aschmidt at fredericksburg.com
Thu Sep 11 18:16:10 EDT 2003

Subject line is always the hardest...

MySQL table with one field set as a unique indexed field.
The value of this field is used as input to a a ZSQL method to display
data on a DTML page within a dtml-in. If I test the ZSQL method with the
string value it works fine. If I hard code the string value on in the
dtml-in it works fine.

BUT...If I use a python script to generate that string value it does not
work.

However...If I leave the dtml page alone and remove the unique index
from the data table, it works!! How can that be?? How can a unique index
in a MySQL table have any affect in how a string value is handled in Zope?

BTW, the value is like SP12345 or KG34321 so its not that it is an
integer and I was assuming it a string...or something like that.
I thought a string was a string was a string...

Can someone enlighten me on this? Seems odd to me..

Thanks

Allen