[Zope] . doc in zope database

Mitch Pirtle mitchy at spacemonkeylabs.com
Fri Sep 12 09:45:14 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 05:44, Isa150183 at aol.com wrote:
> hello everybody, i'm french and i'm looking for some help.

There's nothing wrong with being French ;^)

> with cps, intranet, i put a word document in the database to permet
> the network to consult it. i would like to have a script which extract
> the .doc of the database and copy it on the client computer file
> system when someone consult the intranet and clik on "download the
> .doc" : i want when it open to save it on its hard drive automatically
> because my users dont know how to ad wwhere to save the document. i
> have found zodb2fs but it export the .zexp, the object, not the .doc
> !!
> thanks a lot !!

Log in to zope's management interface (ZMI) and upload the document as
type "File".  Then link to it as normal content.

Zope will then set the correct MIME type for the browser.  If it is
Internet Explorer, then the document will open in Word; and if it is
another browser like Mozilla, it will ask to either download or open the
file.

If you want to force all browsers to download the document (instead of
viewing it) you will need to set some HTTP headers in a script, and have
the script pass through the document - instead of linking to the
document, you will need to link to that script.

This will not set the directory on the user PC, though.  I am not sure
if this can be controlled...

Is this what you are trying to do?

-- Mitch