[Zope] Custom Method to edit PythonScript

Christoph Landwehr chris-zopemailing at gmx.de
Fri Sep 12 15:56:34 EDT 2003

Hi,

I would like create a custom DTML-Method to edit a python-script within
Zope. The reason for this is that I would like to be able to control in
certain ways so I don't want to use "ZPythonScriptHTML_editForm". The
user must not be able to change the whole script but only parts I let
him see. Something like the 'manage_edit' object of DTML-Methods is
(more or less) what I need.
The result would be a web-form that lets the user edit some parts of the
script body, the parameter and some aditional python code is added by a
script/method. (I hope this makes sense ...)

I am trying understand how the "PythonScript.py" does things but do to
my limited knowledge (Zope-Newbie) I get stuck.

My idea was to use the read() function to read the body into my custom
form an write it back with the write() function.
But doing this I don't use the nifty code-checking feature which I would
like to use.

Could someone please give me a hint if I am totally off-track?

Regards
Christoph