[Zope] aq_explicit permission: where set?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri Sep 12 10:25:53 EDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 02:09:08PM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
> Milos Prudek wrote:
> >Error Type: Unauthorized
> >Error Value: The container has no security assertions.
>                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

FWIW, I recently started getting this exception on some of my own
code that had been working - and has NOT been changed.
It started when I upgraded from 2.6.2b3 to 2.6.2b5. BUt that can't
have been the culprit because weirdly,
another InstanceHome running off the same SoftwareHome
did NOT experience the errors. I made sure that the affected Product
code was identical in the two instances - I copied it back from
the working one to the non-working one. No change.

I eventually realized that the error-stricken InstanceHome was the
only one that had VerboseSecurity installed, which monkeypatches
something in the security machinery. I wondered if there was a conflict.
To test this theory, I removed VerboseSecurity and restarted zope.
Problem gone.

BUt that's not the end of the weirdness. I re-installed VerboseSecurity,
restarted again - and everything still works :-0

So I have no idea what the culprit was.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com