[Zope] Automatic Restarts?

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Fri Sep 12 14:23:19 EDT 2003

>>> prosam at comcast.net wrote
> Hi All,
> Zope keeps restarting on its own. Why is it doing this? We are running Zope
> 2.61. It is really becoming a headache since we are running and eCommerce site.
> Everytime it restarts you get a Proxy error on the site until it is done. You
> can imagine how annoying this would be especially to our customers.

What platform? Which version of Python? If it's Unix, try running strace or
truss to see why it's exiting. Also, as a stopgap, consider running ZEO, as
the client restarts are a lot faster than a full zope restart (or run
multiple ZEO clients behind pythondirector or pound or suchlike to give
you some failover).

Zope _shouldn't_ be restarting like this...

Consider also trying Zope 2.6.2 - there's a whole pile of bugfixes in
it, although nothing off the top of my head that is directly relevant,
unfortunately. :-/