[Zope] MAILBOXER questions

george donnelly list at zettai.net
Fri Sep 12 10:45:26 EDT 2003

[Duncan McGreggor wrote (duncan at adytumsolutions.com) on 9/12/03 1:28 PM]

> Hmm, well this isn't mailboxer -- this is the ezmlm program that comes
> with qmail. It's qmail's list management.

hi, I have made this point to Paul off list.

> Here's my synical guess: you asked you ISP to help you setup mailboxer
> for mail lists with qmail and Zope. They heard "mail lists" and "qmail",
> hit their automatic button (which turns off the parts of the brain that
> listen for unfamiliar data, and in fact shuts down all further
> communication for a default period of time before a reset).
> Unfortunately, their automatic button doesn't give you what you need.

very cynical indeed. ;/ we (Zettai.net) are the ISP and we do know what
we're doing and we set Paul's Mailboxer up correctly, as we have with other
clients, its just that I believe Paul has confused the two.

> I've not messed with qmail in an ISP/restricted environment, but here's
> a couple things that could put this within your power to solve:
>
> 1) read up on qmail's aliases, the "-" (dash) notation for lists
> 2) use the dash notation to create an email address in a domain (name)
> for which you have access (which may only be a permutation on your user
> name)
> 3) read the qmail/mailboxer doc here:
> http://zope.org/Members/adytumsolutions
> 4) experiment with smtp2zope.py

yes, he is set up correctly. we have other clients with the same setup
reporting success with MailBoxer. Its a confusion issue.

<-->
george donnelly ~ http://www.zettai.net/ ~ "Quality Zope Hosting"
Shared and Dedicated Zope Hosting ~ Zope Servers ~ Zope Websites
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet ~ MSN: zettainet at hotmail.com ~ ICQ: 51907738