[Zope] [Bug ?] Weird behaviour with security when updating a class...

Sinclair fred.duwez at freesurf.fr
Mon Sep 15 13:49:06 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I had a very stange experience with my Zope instance today.
(Zope 2.6.0 (binary release, python 2.1, win32-x86), python 2.1.3, win32)

When I added an empty method to my application container class, then
refreshed my product, the access to subobjects was lost for a couple of
roles.

When, after that, I deleteted the method, refreshed product, and retry,
access was back !

Whatever was the name or the content or the place in the module of the added
method, same result !

Now, when I removed a method instead of adding one, no problem at all.

So, I decided to code my method elsewhere, on a subobject, and refreshed
product. No problem anymore.

Why ?
What the hell happened ?
Did I miss something ?
Is there a link between permission, role, and changing classes ?

Please help me before I go mad...
Sinclair