[Zope] ZMySQLDA

Passin, Tom tpassin at mitretek.org
Mon Sep 15 14:45:54 EDT 2003

[Joseph F. Dries III]

> > Then the mysqp-python binary is probably built for Python
> 2.3 and would
> > not likely work with Python 2.2.
>
> No, it is not. I have the mysql-python 0.9.2 binary for
> Python 2.1, 2.2
> and 2.3.

Too bad, that would have been an easy solution!

I originally had the mysql-python binary installed for Python
> 2.1, since that is the python that ships with 2.6.2 and Plone 1.0.5.
> mysql-python and ZMySQLDA worked fine with the Plone 1.0.5
> and Zope 2.6.2
> installations. I removed both of those completely, installed
> Zope 2.7.0
> b2, added the correct registry entries for Python 2.2.3 under
> Zope 2.7.0
> b2 so the installer could find the paths, and installed
> mysql-python 0.9.2
> for Python 2.2.
>
> > Which interpreter?  Zope's Py2.2 or your Py2.3?
>
> Zope's Py2.2. I obviously wouldn't test my Py2.3 interpreter
> for a working
> mysql-python (it is installed, and is working there also)...

Sorry, but quite a few people mix the two interpreters up when they test
something from the command line.

I would try connecting using odbc.  You should be able to get an odbc
connector for MySQL.  I tried it with MySQL several years ago and it
worked fine, as I recall.  Once things are working, you can follow up
trying to get the ZMySQLDA working as well, if you even feel that you
need to at that point.

Cheers,

Tom P