[Zope] Multiple Resource Folders and Acquisition

Edward Pollard pollej at uleth.ca
Mon Sep 15 17:32:00 EDT 2003

Good day all,

I would like to construct a site using folders to collect similar
resources, and acquisition to allow customization from defaults.

To be specific, I want to have a "graphics" folder at the root, from
which all common elements are shared.

In subfolders, I want to place a "graphics" folder, in which specific
graphics for that area are placed. These graphics will override the
generic common elements from the root graphics folders.

Templates will then all use IMG SRC values of "graphics/blah". However,
I would like any elements that do not need to be customized to be found
in the original root folder. This of course goes against the default
behavior of acquisition.

I am thinking of writing a script that ties into the
standard_error_message that re-acquires NotFound errors. But I can't
quite nail the specifics since the filename of the original request
does not seem to be available. I also don't really know much about the
Errors object, and since all the code that displays errors is in DTML
(which I do not know well) I get confused quickly trying to work with
stock standard_error_messages.

Anyone with thoughts on this subject? The only out-of-the-box
alternative is to not nest graphical resources in a graphics folder,
but that would get exceptionally messy.

---
Edward J. Pollard
University of Lethbridge