[Zope] Re: [Security] How to encrypt a Zope oid ?

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Wed Sep 17 11:13:08 EDT 2003

Hi Sinclair,

Sinclair wrote:
>>What is the sense to encode the URL?
>

> Maybe it's not an english word ? (Sorry, I'm french...:))
>
> I just want to mask the real URL for the final user. I think that's a common
> feature.
>
> I have imagined to make an encryption (is that the right word ?) of the
> object ID  before sending it to the browser.

You must have a funny understanding about the web ;)
Nobody sends a doc id to the browser. All whats sent
are documents with Links in it which actually point to URLs.
The calculation is entirely done in the browser and
it them comes up with the request which the server
might answer.
The server uses the URL to find the desired object
to publish.
Since this is at least some kind of code, what else
do you need to obfuscate and why do you need it?

Regards
Tino