[Zope] Cleaning Filenames from Windows

Edward Pollard pollej at uleth.ca
Fri Sep 19 18:03:28 EDT 2003

I have a form with which one can upload images.

However, Internet Explorer for PC is a very clever program, and instead
of putting the filename in the 'filename' attribute of the request
object, it puts the whole local path of the file. This of course is
unsuitable for a filename on the server.

However, due the the escape nature of the backslash, I'm having a
tremendous problem writing a function to clean up this mess. I am
certain I used to have a code snippit to do this, but cannot find it.

Can anyone give me a hand?

---
Edward J. Pollard
University of Lethbridge