[Zope] Acquiring permissions on cataloged objects

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Sep 22 13:44:59 EDT 2003

Wilbert Kraan wrote at 2003-9-22 11:05 +0100:
 > In a product I'm making, privileged and unprivileged users can query a
 > ZCatalog that indexes both restricted and unrestricted objects.

Have a look how the CMF solves this problem.

This solution is not complete as changes in the permission structure
requires reindexing (of the "AllowedRolesAndUsers" index).

 > <dtml-in expr="TheCatalog({'meta_type':'TheObject'})">

Maybe the "skip_unauthorized" attribute to "dtml-in" can help
you. It checks the "object permission", usually "Access contents
information" and sometimes "View".

You can check objects that pass the "skip_unauthorized" yourself
for other permissions.

Dieter