[Zope] Zope, FreeBSD and core dump :(

Chris McDonough chrism at zope.com
Tue Sep 23 10:28:14 EDT 2003

Python 2.2.2 has some known crashbugs provoked by Zope.  Use Python
2.2.3.

Also, FreeBSD has a very small default thread stack size (64k), which
can cause core dumps in highly recursive applications (such as Zope).
This was a problem at least for Python 2.1 on BSD.  I don't use BSD so
I'm not sure if it carries over into the 2.2 series.

See http://www.zwiki.org/PatchPython213 for more information.

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 09:58, Roger Beavans wrote:
> The last time I looked at the documentation (which was awhile ago) Zope
> 2.6.1 didn't work with Python 2.2.
> Try using your older version of Python.
>
> rogerb

Chris McDonough <chrism at zope.com>