[Zope] looping over plone folders

Mitch Pirtle mitchy at spacemonkeylabs.com
Tue Sep 23 11:51:12 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 11:18, Duncan McGreggor wrote:
> Mitch Pirtle wrote:

(I was asking about looping through Plone Folders)

> You might want to try using the ZCatalog (portal_catalog). Check out the
> news_slot (portal_skins/plone_templates/ui_slots/news_slot) in Plone for
> an example. The reason that I suggest the catalog is that you will then
> be able to sort on any indexed and sortable field. So, if you wanted to
> add a property to your plone folders called "display_order" (if you do
> this, consider making your own product/content type with all the custom
> properties you will want), you could place them as you like. Also, you
> can only return meta_type "Plone Folder" and that will prevent other
> unwanteds from showing up.

Actually looked at the navigation slot, it does everything I need for
the top level...

The only thing remaining is the drop-down elements, I'll need some
Javascript code and a way of tying (tieing?) the drop-down elements to
the parent menu element.

If anyone knows of a CMF/Plone-aware tool, please let me know.

-- mitchy