[Zope] correct 404 error page?

J. Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Thu Sep 25 00:07:43 EDT 2003

>I was move or delete some subfolders from long running site, but _all_
>search engines (google etc.) still does searching at these failed URLs for
>more than 2 months.
>
>Does somebody have correct error message that these search engines will
>respect?
>
>I do not mean redirect <dtml-call expr="RESPONSE.redirect('/notfound.html',
>lock=1)">, I want to set "something" into HTML header response.

Actually moving the object should give a 404, which a search engine
should respect, when (and if) they get back around to it.

If you want an actual HTTP redirect, there are Zope products that do
this, like

http://zope.org/Members/jccooper/movedObject

You can also observe how it's done in the code of MovedObject if you
want to do it yourself.

          --jcc

--
"My point and period will be throughly wrought,
Or well or ill, as this day's battle's fought."