[Zope] zopectlrc missing

Kwesi Aguillera kaguillera at ccmsuwi.org
Thu Sep 25 13:42:11 EDT 2003

I also posted this on the Yahoo groups.

Ok this is my problem that I hope that someone out there can help with.
I have been using zope for about six mouth to do various things for my
work. We recently got a new server that is based away for our company
and it runs Debian Linux. I had used apt-get to install a zope
insallation on the new server and it had worked fine. However, my boss
told me that I needed Zope 2.6.1 in order to transfer the site that we
have on the intranet Zope site. So I used apt-get to uninstall the Zope
that it had installed and used it again to install the 2.6.1.

NB I believe that apt-get had installed Zope 2.6.1 the first time around
but I did not really check.

Anyways on the second instal of Zope 2.6.1 Zope doesn't start it gives
the following error:

zopectl: E: cannot find configuration file: /etc/zope/zopectlrc

I know that the first time I installed the Zope using apt-get the file
was there cause I had actually seen it is /etc/zope because I had to
run

zopectl create to create the INSTANCE_HOME in that file

and then

zopectl start in order to start Zope.

NOw (after the second install) when I run zopectl create I get the same
error message as above.

The thing is I know that if I get a copy of the zopectlrc file I can
edit it to suit my installation and make the zope run but I can't find a
copy of this file on the net anywhere.

I am asking if possible if some one can post a copy of the file or
suggest a way around this problem if possible

tanx...