[Zope] [Ann] Post-Authentication-Hook patch

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Sep 25 13:06:45 EDT 2003

Chris Withers wrote at 2003-9-25 14:04 +0100:
 > It would be good to see this in the core :-)
 >
 > Are you looking to do that at any stage?

We already had a discussion about this:

    I do not have CVS write permission because I am not
    ready to take responsibility with respect to the broken
    US patent laws, laws that allow to patent almost
    any stupidity and triviality (such as "one-click-purchase",
    "restroom reservation", "dynamic loading", ...).

    As Zope.com requires a commitment to defend her
    in any patent disputes caused by a committer,
    I cannot become a committer.

That said, I do not mind if anybody puts the 10 lines
into the Zope core. Hopefully, the idea to provide a hook
for additional checks after authentication is not patented,
not even in the US.

Dieter