[Zope] RESPONSE.write - Still not working

Sergey Volobuev zope at phpv.khv.ru
Thu Sep 25 18:34:39 EDT 2003

> I'd use mod_proxy/mod_rewrite over CGI anyday.
>
> Would be interested to know if this behaves as you expect with that...

I see a lot of people having problems with PCGI setup. I think
mod_proxy/mod_rewrite + VHM solution is far superior over PCGI solution
and most people should try mod_proxy first if they don't have a real
reason to use PCGI (btw, are there any reason to use it instead
mod_rewrite+VHM?).

Unfortunately, doc/WEBSERVER.txt coming with any Zope version discusses
only PCGI/FastCGI setup so most people haven't a chance to try a better
way first.

So maybe we need to make changes to docs coming with Zope to reflect a
new ways of making Zope works with Apache?

Also, i think some docs on zope.org discussing SiteAccess, PCGI and
FastCGI should be marked as obsolete with links to more modern howtos.
This will make newbie life much easier.