[Zope] SQLite database adapter

Duncan McGreggor cms at adytumsolutions.com
Thu Sep 25 22:23:27 EDT 2003

Bob Gailer wrote:
> When I look at my ZOPE control panel I see
> Zope Version (Zope 2.6.1 (binary release, python 2.1, win32-x86), python
> 2.1.3, win32)
> Python Version 2.1.3 (#35, Apr 8 2002, 17:47:50) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)]
>
> I installed pysqlite (a while ago) under Python2.2. When I go to
> reinstall it only Python2.2 shows up in the list of Python versions from
> which to choose. Does this mean I need to get and install Python 2.1.3?
> Or is there a later version of ZOPE based on 2.2?

My guess is that you got a bundled binary, one that came with python.
Search your Zope installation directory (and subdirs) for python in a
bin dir; when you find it, from a command window, run 'python -V' to
check the version. It should match the version listing in the control
panel ;-)

At that point, you probably want to setup your path variable such that
the 2.1.3 version of python is found before your 2.2 python binary. When
that's done, you can install python libs to your heart's content, and
Zope will find them (barring other outstanding issues).

Hang in there and keep the questions coming ;-)

Duncan