[Zope] AW: z2 startup exception, only with -D?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Sep 26 13:27:44 EDT 2003

Arenz, Ralph wrote at 2003-9-26 12:38 +0200:
 > Stop,of course i forgot the -D option in the start-script ;-)

I know this problem.

For unknown reasons, someone decided that Zope should die in development
mode when a product cannot be imported. I expect this is more useful
in production mode -- but who knows.

Your Zope has a problem with a product whether or not
you start it with "-D". When I remember right, I already explained
you this problem...

However, when you start Zope with "-D", it dies.

The code causing this is in "OFS.Appliction" in function "import_products".
I changed it (in our Zope installation) to

        import_product(product_dir, product_name,
                       # raise_exc=Globals.DevelopmentMode # DM: do not prevent start when a product import failed -- we may want to be stronger for production installations
                       raise_exc=0
                       )

to get rid of this unexpected behaviour...

Dieter