[Zope] Cookie/Authentication Problem

J. Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Fri Sep 26 16:47:28 EDT 2003

> I'm having problems logging into a site and I'm not sure if it's a CMF
> problem, a ZOPE problem or a Plone problem. I installed Plone 1.05 and
> upon attempting to login it would tell me I had to have cookies
> enabled. I looked for help on their site but all the information said
> that the cookie problem was now fixed in both IE5/6. So I decided to
> try just a 2.7b ZOPE install and CMF 1.4. I log into the CMF site
> using the login page and it tells me I'm logged in but as soon as I go
> to any other page it tells me I have to login again. Should I go even
> further back to 2.6 and CMF 1.31 or is there some fix for this problem
> out there that I just haven't been able to find.

The Plone 1.0 series (including 1.0.5) isn't likely to work well on CMF
1.4.x, and is said to require CMF 1.3.2 and Zope 2.6.1. (The Zope
dependency may be only "latest" since nothing was known of the 2.7
series when this version of Plone came out.)

Try it with these versions and see what still happens. (Plone does,
generally, require cookies for login.)

          --jcc

--
"My point and period will be throughly wrought,
Or well or ill, as this day's battle's fought."