[Zope] Portal views strangeness

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Sat Sep 27 01:51:23 EDT 2003

>...Recently I
>faced the problem that I'm not able to view the normal "Contents" in the ZMI
>for *some* (not all) of these portals.  If I try to view the portal in ZMI
>I just get the "View" view instead the normal overview of the folder as it
>is normal in ZMI.  This is true for some Plone and some ZMI sites while other
>test sites show the normal behaviour.  I also tested several browsers (Galeon,
>Mozilla, Konqueror, Opera, even w3m) and all show the same strange behaviour.
>
>Today I had explicitely to switch to
>
>   http://wr-linux02.rki.ivbb.bund.de:9673/plone_site/portal_migration/manage_overview
>
>to do the migration of this Plone site to a higher Plone version because I
>was not able to navigate through normal ZMI to this place.

I just ran into this today, and I'm really at a loss to explain it. I
didn't really have the opportunity to explore it fully, as I had actual
work to do. I did determine that it was any Manager from the root that
was affected, and that someone with Manager permission in the portal
could view the ZMI.

According to some reports this can be fixed by looking at manage_main
directly, but it didn't help me.

If I ever figure it out I'll be sure to publicise it.

--jcc