[Zope] Zope using ODBC on Linux question

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat Sep 27 05:22:12 EDT 2003

Mitch Pirtle wrote at 2003-9-26 15:11 -0400:
 > On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 13:49, Dieter Maurer wrote:
 > > Mitch Pirtle wrote at 2003-9-25 17:07 -0400:
 > >  > ...
 > >  > This is a sort of tragedy for me, after getting unixODBC and freeTDS
 > >  > configured properly (I can talk to SQL Server from Linux!!!), and now I
 > >  > have to go buy a non-free product for Zope :(
 > >
 > > Only when you want to use ODBC...
 > >
 > > You can also use the "ZSybaseDA" over "freeTDS" to talk from
 > > Linux to an SQL server.
 >
 > You smart, you can make it go...
 >
 > Now, where is this ZSybaseDA?  Google, Zope and Freshmeat all come up
 > empty...

We dropped MS SQL Server in favour of PostgreSQL.
Thus, I do no longer have the pieces available.
And it is a long time ago that I accessed MS SQL Server via Sybase-Python
over freeTDS.

I believe to remember that I found the Python-Sybase adapter via
a search on "comp.lang.python" (or its "db-sig") and that
Zope.org has had an ancient DA for Sybase (anciency is not a problem,
as nothing changed in this area).

Dieter