[Zope] Configuring ZCatalog

Richard Jennings rjennings at stradefi.com
Sun Sep 28 17:55:44 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I am trying to produce a product with a python script which installs a configured
ZCatalog.  I can add the ZCatalog OK, but configuring is giving me  problems.

In my ZCatalog derived class __init__ I have tried to build the meta-data table:

self.manage_addColumn('blah') -  doesn't work

and for properties:

self.manage_addProperty('prop', 'value', 'string')
self.manage_changeProperties(prop='value')

these don't work either.  I neither get error messages nor results.  I am not clear
whether I am dealing with the regular PropertyManager or with the zclass variety.
For the manage_addColumn problem, maybe I can't do this in the __init__.  If this is
the case how do I set the meta-data automatically?

TIA