[Zope] rendered method in dtml document

Dylan Reinhardt zope at dylanreinhardt.com
Mon Sep 29 11:43:07 EDT 2003

[forwarded back on list]

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 06:21, Thomas M G Bennett wrote:
> Could the REQUEST error be coming from the python script call in the dtml method?

Sure could be, but your traceback should make it clear what object is
throwing the exception.  In case you didn't already know, the last 20 or
so tracebacks are stored in the error_log object in the ZMI root.

> Should it maybe be a dtml-let using a python script to set the ip_add_flag value?

I'm not aware of any reason that would make a difference... but if you
want to give it a try, I'm sure it couldn't hurt.

Troubleshooting DTML can sometimes be a pain since you rarely get useful
information on what line the error occurs on.  Often, isolating the
error requires whittling down your assumptions.  For example, give any
scripts you call a new name and replace them with "dummy" objects that
return a single, correctly-formatted value.  Try one at a time.  When
doing this makes a difference in what error you get back, you've
probably found at least one source of the problem.

Sorry I can't be any more insightful than that.  It's not obvious (to
me) what the source of your problem is here.  Unless someone else has
the answer, I would expect that you've got some debugging to do.

HTH,

Dylan