[Zope] Apache 2 and Zope Integration

Cynthia Kiser cnk at caltech.edu
Sat Apr 3 12:06:35 EST 2004

Quoting Peter Sabaini <peter at sabaini.at>:
> >I've been following the guide at
> >http://zope.org/Members/anser/apache_zserver for using Apache's
> >Inverse Proxy ability to reach our Zope installation.  However, I
> >am having the problem that i have to log in twice to the management
> >interface and then when i come to log out of it, i get the
> >following error from Apache:
> >
> >The requested URL /manage_zmi_logout was not found on this server.
> >
> >I have the following in httpd.conf [changed the names to protect the
> >server]:
> >
> >ProxyPass /Zope http://a.b.com:81/
> >ProxyPassReverse /Zope http://a.b.com:81/
> >ProxyPass /misc_ http://a.b.com:81/misc_
> >ProxyPass /p_ http://a.b.com:81/p_
> >
> >I have also added the SiteRoot object in the management root.

Try removing the SiteRoot object and instead using VirtualHostMonster
- yes even if you are only going to have one Zope domain. Then change
the syntax of your ProxyPass rules to use the VHM syntax. I can't
explain exactly why the VHM setup cures the problem when SiteRoot does
not, but it worked for me in a very similar setup.