[Zope] Apache 2 and Zope Integration

Ade Fewings ade at informatics.bangor.ac.uk
Sat Apr 3 12:13:48 EST 2004

Further to your response and a number of other responses i received, i
have indeed looked at the Virtual Hosting.  Unfortunately, i think i
have confused myself with it........

I created the Virtual Host Monster in the root of Zope and the directory
'Zope' in there as well for our dynamic content.  The following is in my
httpd.conf on a.b.com:

ProxyPass /Zope http://a.b.com:81/VirtualHostRoot/_vh_Zope
ProxyPassReverse /Zope http://a.b.com:81/VirtualHostRoot/_vh_Zope

Unfortunately, i am finding that when i then browse to
http://a.b.com/Zope/manage and log in, no further traffic is going thru
the Apache proxy - instead, it is going straight to a.b.com:81 and not
thru Apache on a.b.com:80.

What have I got confused about?
Have i messed something up?

Cheers
Ade

Peter Sabaini wrote:

> Did you take a look at the "Virtual Hosting" chapter of the Zope book?
>
> http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/VirtualHosting.stx
>

> Ade Fewings wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm trying to persuade our powers-that-be that a switch-over to using
>> Zope for our website would be "a good idea".  For this, the best way
>> for me to achieve things is using Zope and the existing Apache stuff
>> together.  I've been following the guide at
>> http://zope.org/Members/anser/apache_zserver for using Apache's
>> Inverse Proxy ability to reach our Zope installation.  However, I am
>> having the problem that i have to log in twice to the management
>> interface and then when i come to log out of it, i get the following
>> error from Apache:
>>
>> The requested URL /manage_zmi_logout was not found on this server.
>>
>> I have the following in httpd.conf [changed the names to protect the
>> server]:
>>
>> ProxyPass /Zope http://a.b.com:81/
>> ProxyPassReverse /Zope http://a.b.com:81/
>> ProxyPass /misc_ http://a.b.com:81/misc_
>> ProxyPass /p_ http://a.b.com:81/p_
>>
>> I have also added the SiteRoot object in the management root.
>>
>> Does anybody have any idea what i might have done wrong?  Is it
>> because we are using Apache 2 [2.0.48]?
>>
>> Many thanks
>> Ade

Ade Fewings MEng

School of Informatics, University of Wales, Bangor,
Dean Street, Bangor, Gwynedd. LL57 1UT. UK.

ade at informatics.bangor.ac.uk  www.informatics.bangor.ac.uk/~ade
Tel: +44 (0)1248 382736       Fax: +44 (0)1248 361429