[Zope] Windows or Linux?

Andre Meyer a.meyer at hccnet.nl
Mon Apr 5 13:53:30 EDT 2004

While it does not really make a difference with respect to the base
functionality, my experience is that Linux is more responsive (better
performance) and stable. I have been running Zope and Plone on various
machines with Windows 2000 and XP, as well as Red Hat 8/9/Fedora. Fedora
is my current OS of choice with excellent performance and features.
Fedora Core 2 will be out soon with the Linux 2.6 kernel which should
even improve current performance.
Of course, if you need OS specific libraries that will direct your
choice. Otherwise, try to avoid such libraries.  ;-)

good luck
Andre

Dr. Andre P. Meyer                        http://home.hccnet.nl/a.meyer/
TNO FEL Command & Control and Simulation, http://www.fel.tno.nl/div2/