[Zope] Re: mailboxer+zope security question

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Apr 5 18:53:45 EDT 2004

mrmikeylee at comcast.net wrote:
> Apr  5 15:14:11 promoters mailboxer: problem occurred uploading email to
> server http://testme.org:8080/promoters/promoters/manage_mailboxer (HTTP
> Error 302: Moved Temporarily)
> Apr  5 15:14:11 testme postfix/local[6922]: 5C8E922834D:
> to=<openib-promoters at testme.org>, relay=local, delay=0, status=deferred
> (temporary failure)
>
> This is the entry from my aliases file:
>
> openib-promoters: "|/etc/postfix/smtp2zope.py
> http://testme.org:8080/promoters/promoters/manage_mailboxer 20000"
>
> Any suggestions...something I missed?  Thanks

Do you use the current smtp2zopy.py from MailBoxer 3.2? There you can set a
login/password for sites needing authentication.

>From the CHANGES.txt:

- added authentication-handler to smtp2zope.py; protected all
public-manage-methods with 'View'-permission. Should be useful
if you want a more secured MailBoxer. You can now call the
smtp2zope.py with an additional authorization
(http://user:password@localhost:8080/MailBoxer/manage_mailboxer)
or set the authorization directly in smtp2zope.py.
Thanks to Steve McMahon for ideas and patches!!!

Download MailBoxer at:

http://mjablonski.zope.org/MailBoxer

But maybe I miss your point...

Cheers, Maik