[Zope] Installation issues (also Zserver vs. Apache)

Sergey Volobuev zope at phpv.khv.ru
Mon Apr 5 19:17:45 EDT 2004

> It appears that I have installed successfully, as I can bring up the
> manage screen on the server by typing http://192.168.0.5:8080/manage
> (where the 192, etc is the ip address of the local host).  However,
> when I type that on any other system (ok there's only one) on the
> network, I get a 'page cannot be displayed message' after a long wait.

Make sure that port 8080 is not blocked by your linux box's firewall. If
your box installed correctly, it _should_ be blocked, as any other port
not occupied by a public service (Apache, proftpd, etc.) . You should
allow access to 8080 manually.

Another possibility is  wrong proxy settings on your XP box (if you use
proxy though).