[Zope] newbie

jon cashman jon_s_c at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 5 23:53:16 EDT 2004

Anyone out there to answer a newbie question? I would really appreciate it.
Thanks!

I'm trying out Zope with the Zope Book.

I installed Zope 2.7 in Windows. I've created a simple hello.py containing a
hello function:
def hello( self, name="World" ):
    return "Hello, %s" % name
This module is in D:\Zope-Instance\Extensions\.

In Zope, I created a folder from root and add the hello external method to
that folder. I clicked on the external method and then clicked on the Test
tab, and instead of running the method,  a window opened and ask if I wanted
to download hello.txt.

What's happening???

- jon