[Zope] Python in LINUX to MS SQL.

Tim Edwards Tim.Edwards at hwe.com.au
Wed Apr 7 18:58:18 EDT 2004

We've tried using the combination of FreeTDS drivers, UnixODBC and egenix's
mxODBC Zope DA that is mentioned in a previous post. It does work, however
we have had problems with concurrency causing deadlocks and freezing the
Zope process. This does not happen when running Zope on Windows 2000 and
connecting to MSSQL.

Give FreeTDS/UnixODBC/mxODBC a try and see how you go first - later on you
can always swap in the ODBC-ODBC bridge or whatever instead of
FreeTDS/UnixODBC. Let us know how it works.