[Zope] Ape & MySQL: Error adding ZODB MountPoint

Elena Schulz elena.schulz at gmx.net
Thu Apr 8 13:05:31 EDT 2004

Hi,

I want to add a ZODB MountPoint for an ape MySQL-Storage (My environment:
MySQL-Server version 4.0.0-alpha-nt, Zope 2.7, WinXP). The MySQL-Server is
running and I added a database named 'ape'.

Trying to add a MySQL-connection to the Zope root object I always get an
"Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'ape' " Error if I use
just 'ape' as connection string. A connection is possible with a user from
the acl_users.

So I have some questions:

1. What should be the id for that MySQL-connection?
2. What user have to be added to acl_users?
3. What should be the connection string?

Whenever I try to add a ZODB MountPoint I get the below error:

Can anybody give some hints how to solve that?

-- Thanks, Elena

The error traceback:

Error adding ZODB MountPoint

Error Type: OperationalError
Error Value: (1044, "Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database
'ape'")
Error error_tb:

Traceback (innermost last):

    * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 40, in call_object
    * Module Products.ZODBMountPoint.MountedObject, line 283, in
manage_addMounts
    * Module Products.ZODBMountPoint.Mount, line 120, in _test
    * Module Products.ZODBMountPoint.Mount, line 86, in _getOrOpenObject
    * Module Products.ZODBMountPoint.Mount, line 70, in
_getMountedConnection
    * Module Products.ZODBMountPoint.MountedObject, line 138, in _getDB
    * Module DBTab.DBTab, line 96, in getDatabase
    * Module DBTab.DBTab, line 113, in _createDatabase
    * Module Zope.Startup.datatypes, line 172, in open
    * Module Products.Ape.datatypes, line 48, in createDB
    * Module Products.Ape.datatypes, line 36, in open
    * Module apelib.zodb3.storage, line 44, in __init__
    * Module apelib.core.io, line 55, in open_connections
    * Module apelib.sql.dbapi, line 291, in connect
    * Module <string>, line 0, in ?
    * Module MySQLdb, line 63, in Connect
    * Module MySQLdb.connections, line 115, in __init__
    * Module MySQLdb.connections, line 41, in _make_connection

OperationalError: (1044, "Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database
'ape'")